Entry Requirements and Procedure
The competition will be held under IAAF regulations as modified for Masters by WMA via their Competition Rules and any other special rules specified for this competition.
Athletes may enter online or by using a paper entry form. Online is the preferred method of entry. See below for details about each method. All entries must include full payment to be considered valid. Athletes who cannot pay online must instead send a paper entry form and payment to their WMA National Masters Member (“Member”), which will then register them and pay on their behalf. The entry deadline is 29 January 2019. No entries will be accepted after the entry deadline. All entries are subject to validation by each athlete’s respective Member. Members will confirm the athlete’s date of birth, citizenship and/or residential qualifications and other relevant requirements. After an athlete’s registration has been validated, its status will display as “accepted” on the list of entries online (wmaci2019.com). Validation is a manual process that each Member completes, so there will be some time (days or weeks) between when you submit your registration and when it is validated. Athletes who have questions about the status of their entry should contact their Member. For athletes who reside in a country where there is no WMA National Masters Member or where the Member fails to fulfill its obligations, their entries will be subject to the approval of the WMA Council.
Online Entry Procedure
- Go to wmaci2019.com and complete the online entry form prior to the entry deadline
- Submit payment by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) at the end of the entry process
- Print the confirmation screen for your records
- If you have not previously competed in a WMA championship, you must send a copy of your birth certificate to your Member
- Your Member will then validate your registration
Paper Entry Procedure
- Contact your WMA National Masters Member and request a paper entry form
- Confirm the latest date required by your Member for submission of your paper entry. NB: Your Member MUST input your entry and payment into the on-line system by the closing date of 29 January 2019 for it to be valid
- Complete the entry form and make a copy for your records
- Mail the completed entry form and all entry fees to your Member prior to the entry deadline (do not send paper entry forms directly to the LOC). Paper entries sent to your Member for processing MUST include all entry fees.
- If you have not previously competed in a WMA Championships, you must send a copy of your birth certificate to your Member. Your Member will submit your registration, pay on your behalf and validate your registration.
There is no entry fee for the 4x200m relays. Only one relay per country, per age group is allowed. Entry for relays will be done during the Championships by team managers.
You can buy tickets at the Accreditation Centre during the Championships.